Here is a cool contest I am posting. If your are a horror or scifi buff. Here is a chance to get your work included in a new anthology by a new publisher.
SOLITUDE PRESS THE HORROR IMPRINT OF PAGE TURNERS PUBLISHING ANNOUNCES ITS FIRST HORROR ANTHOLOGY CONTEST:
This contest is open to all writers, published or unpublished.
Werewolves, werecats, vampires are fine. Or surprise us and come up with something bold and new. The story style does not matter. It can be anything as long as it has to do with shape shifting creatures, human or not. But most importantly, it must be an entertaining horror short story and it must be about shape shifting creatures. We must want to turn that page to see what happens next in the story and how things end.
Of course, what we would really like to see is a unique spin on your shape shifter story. Think of a different viewpoint. Think it’s all been done before? Well, think again. When other writers read your story, they should say “why didn’t I think of that”?
Here are the rest of the rules:
DEADLINE: JULY 16 2011.
PRIZE MONEY & PAYMENT:
1st Place: $50 Grand Prize plus a copy of the anthology in which your story appears. And consideration to be put under contract for a full length novel.
2nd Place: $25 plus a copy of the anthology in which your story appears.
3rd prize: $ 15 plus a copy of the of anthology in which your story appears.
Honorable Mention: Free copy of anthology.
ENTRY FEE: None
• All shape shifter short stories must be submitted by the author holding the copyright. (If your short story is not copyrighted, don’t worry. Copyright laws protect your work from the moment you began writing it.)
• Your shape shifter story submission must be previously unpublished. By submitting your shape shifter story short fiction work to this contest, you are assigning PAGE TURNERS PUBLISHING and SOLITUDE PRESS All First Rights both print and electronic and the permission to publish the work in our anthology. Submissions should be a minimum of 8,000 words and should not exceed 10,000 words. This is not a strict guideline, but anything differing from these figures should be the exception rather than the rule. Remember, your story could be rejected simply because it is excessively long.
• This deadline may be extended depending on quantity and quality of submissions.
• You may withdraw your short story from consideration at any point, but this request must be made in writing (e-mail acceptable). Entrants selected for publication will be contacted prior to publication with further instructions. There are some instances in which we might ask the author for a re-write (with suggestions) if we feel it would improve the story and its chances of being published. We also reserve the right to edit submitted stories for length and content. (If you have questions regarding this, please send us an e-mail.)
HOW TO ENTER:
• Submit all entries via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in Word (.doc). Please use “shape shifting” in your subject line. No queries are required.
• Include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address on the first page of your short story and in your e-mail. All subsequent pages should be numbered